This is an enchanting and cosy retreat venue at a Welsh farmhouse in Mid-Wales. It is a tranquil haven, with stunning views in all directions, running brooks and beautiful pure, clear air.
We shall be staying in the farmhouse and converted barns, in shared accommodation that is magical, colourful and cosy. There is also a beautiful workshop space, with beamed ceilings, a woodburning stove, traditional lime plaster walls, exposed stone, and oak floors.
All meals are inclusive, and Tyddyn retreat offers food cooked by local fabulous cooks ~ with lots of local produce ~ honey, milk, eggs, cheese, according to our needs.
To discover more, visit the Tyddyn Retreat website…
* surrounded by the secluded vast magic of the Welsh hills
* meadow spaces & a stone circle for our ceremonies
* flower gardens, tree guardians of oak & ash, a pagoda & hideaway outdoor seating nooks
*magical mossy dingle with streams & waterfalls under the oaks
*historic drovers road & ancient orchard
Tyddyn retreat is in Mid-Wales. Surrounded by stunning scenery, Tyddyn Retreat is secluded and private, while also being easy to reach – by train (Caersws station 15 mins), or road (off the A470 ‘spine’ of Wales).
The Mid Wales Retreat & Meeting Centre, Tyddyn y Pwll, Carno, Caersws, Powys, SY17 5JU
Phone: +44 (0)1686 420725 / +44 (0)7767 370739
Arriving by car
Tyddyn retreat is directly off the main A470 ‘spine’ of Wales road, and easy to reach. From Welshpool… you have two choices:
1. Take the A483 to Newtown. As you enter the town, at the McDonald’s traffic lights, turn right. Follow the road round, over the roundabout by a large church, and continue on the rural road through Aberhafesp and Llanwnog to the T junction. Turn right here onto the A470 and continue for around 4 miles to Carno. Drive through the village.
As you leave Carno, the road does a ‘wiggle’ over the railway: from this point, Tyddyn Retreat is exactly 1.2 miles on the left – a closed metal farm gate with a red post box by it. Drive down the lane, through the next gate, under the railway line and on up to Tyddyn Retreat. If your car is wider than a LandRover you may need to go over the railway, and we will let you know how.
Tyddyn retreat seen from the road ~ hidden in the trees
Approaching Tyddyn retreat ~ sheep along the way
2. For the beautiful route over the mountains, take the A458 signposted to Machylleth. At Llanfair Caereinion, turn off into the village. Over the bridge into the main street, following the street round the corner and up the hill – taking the first left, with a sign that includes Carno. After a few hundred yards there is a turning to the right, also signed to Carno. Keep following the Carno signs over the mountains until you come down a steep hill with fabulous views and on into Carno. At the T junction turn right and soon you will leave Carno where the road does a ‘wiggle’ over the railway. Then follow the directions above.
A note on Satnav to SY17 5JU. There are five properties with this postcode so you will arrive somewhere near to us and possibly pay a surprise visit to one of our neighbours! To come straight to Tyddyn Retreat, when you are on the main A470, a mile past Carno look out for our closed metal farm gate on the left, with the red post box, just past Pikins Farm.
We’re happy to arrange for someone to collect you from Caersws station – just 15 mins from Tyddyn Retreat. Alternatively bus X85 from Caersws will drop you at our gate, which is a five or ten minute walk from the Tyddyn Retreat, or we’ll pick you up. Caersws station is between Newtown and Machylleth.
To secure your place, pay your deposit of £500
4 Places Remaining